– Is everyone aware of and do they fully understand the lifting and hoisting procedures applicable to the lift?
– Has a pre-use inspection of the Lifting Equipment been carried out and are the Lifting Accessories tagged or marked with:
– Safe Working Load?
– A unique identification number?
– A valid certification date?
– Are all safety devices working?
– Does everyone know the Person In Charge of the lift?
– Is everyone competent and aware of his or her tasks?
– Is there a current “Lift Plan”?
– Does everyone know the environmental limits
(e.g. maximum permissible wind speed) for the lift?
– Is the lift area controlled and is everyone clear if the load falls or swings?
– Are signalling methods and communication agreed and clear to you?